Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Burke kids started "school" today

Just two days after their 2nd birthday, and they're off to school! Sort of. Sean, Luke & Charlotte went to their first day of Parent's Day Out, a program for 2-3 year olds at a local church pre-school. It's once a week for 4 hours. I wasn't too nervous, as they regularly get dropped off in the nursery at our church and haven't shown much separation anxiety there. Must be strength in numbers since they've got each other. And they got a glowing report from Miss Carole when I picked them up! I think they liked their Elmo backpacks the most. They were actually a little more enthused than they appear in this picture, but since they're all looking at the camera in this shot, I decided to use it. It was a little strange to leave them there, but it's just a few minutes away and I enjoyed total solitude at home for over 3 hours today! Bliss! I hung out an enjoyed the quiet for the first hour or so, then got to work on a couple of projects that just can't be done when the kids are around. I've never been so productive!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

You are right, they don't look very enthused in this picture, but I totally understand choosing one simply because all three or four of them are looking at the camera! ha, ha

Glad they enjoyed moms morning out. Ella starts her 2 half days a week preschool tomorrow so I'm a little nervous how it'll go.

I love all the birthday pictures. Airtastic looks like a very cool place for kids to play. Happy belated b-day to your gang!!!

Dorinda said...

Happy 2nd Birthday!!! How awesome that you have made it two whole years :) I can't believe that we're getting closer to that - two years ago now I was on bed rest and miserable and thinking that would never end. Now its just a fading memory (slowly fading...)

So cool that they are in school one day a week. That must be so much fun. I certainly look forward to that :)