Sunday, August 31, 2008

My babies are TWO!

Well it happened. My babies turned into kids. Officially. Today was their 2nd birthday! It was a relatively quiet one, with just mommy, daddy and papa here. But after the craziness of the summer that was just fine. In the morning we just hung out for a bit and made a trip to a local park for some playtime. During their nap I decorated (Elmo theme, of course!) and in the afternoon we went to a place called Airtastic, an indoor mecca of bouncy houses. They had a BLAST! We came home for dinner, cake and gifts. We must have sung Happy Birthday about 20 times throughout the day (they got a hoot out of that) and they still point to the place where the "happy birthday" sign was hung and say, "happy all gone?" Yes, until next year it is!

Happy Birthday my sweeties! You'll always be my babies...

3 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Belated Bday to the Burke Trio!! Sorry, I am late. I am very behind on absolutely everything. It looks like it was nice, calm relaxed day.

Laura said...

OMG - I can't believe they are two! And I think I recognize the dress Charlotte has on...I can't believe MY babies wore that!!

Unknown said...

I bet it is just MAGIC at the Burke house!!!! Hope you are all doing very well. Happy Bday a touch early bro and hope to see you all at least by Christmas.