Today is the day! I cannot believe it! After 10 long weeks of recovery from my surgery in June, I get to resume my full-time, full functioning duties as mommy. I get to pick up my kids again! Finally done with full time help. Yahoo!
Now that's not to say I don't apreciate the invaluable help that a whole bunch of people provided to make this all work. But it will be so nice not to have to ask someone to lift Sean onto the changing table for a diaper change, or Charlotte into her crib, or Luke into his carseat. I can do it all! I do have one more month of lifting under caution...that is, I must squat, wrap my arms around them and keep them close to my body when lifting. A little inefficient when dealing with three little ones, but oh so worth it. And this summer we've made huge strides in teaching the kids some independence...when they are feeling cooperative, they really can do most things themselves. I have also dug deep into my well of patience and creativitiy to find ways to convince them to do things when they really aren't inclined to otherwise. I've learned to make the bear on a shirt or the flowers on a pair of shorts so enticing, that they allow me to strip their PJs off and get them dressed for the day before they even realize they've been duped. I'm sure there are many long days ahead as I resume my "regular" life, but will hopefully approach them with a new perspective and appreciation for my health and physical wellness.
After Jeff, there is one person deserves a GIANT pat on the back (and lots of hugs) for all she did through this craziness...my mom. She came 2-3 days a week for the entire duration of the recovery, and the final week made a superhuman effort to provide both my sister and me with childcare literally at the same time. Wow. I hope she sleeps in a LOT in September! The kids have really bonded with her, which as been so sweet to watch, and she knows all their little personality quirks and habits.
To wrap this up, I've added a photo of my mom reading the kids their favorite book (Elmo & Friends)...something she did dozens of times this summer. Love you Mom/Nana!!!
3 comments:
Yeah on your freedom!!!! I know how nice it is to take back your house & those babies. I had 8weeks of no lifting and it was a very long 8weeks.
COngratulations!
Misty
MOM to GGGG 21months
Whoooo hooooo! Glad you're back in the lifting zone!
Glad you're back to "normal"!! Well, almost but certainly a lot better :) How nice that your mom is close by!
Post a Comment