Okay, okay, almost 6 months is a LONG time to go without a new post to the blog. Age 2 has been far more challenging (and exhausting) than I ever thought possible. In my defense, from basically early January through late March we had long stretch of illness, either the kids, Jeff and I, or all of us. It was a long, painful winter. And the spring, an unusually cool and rainy one, hasn't been much easier. So, I'm going to just write off those months and start clean!
All I will say about that time frame is looking back on it I am simply amazed at the growth and change in the kids from the time they turned 2 until now. The level of comprehension, expressive language and general abilities (i.e. using untensils, getting themselves dressed, etc) has grown in leaps and bounds. They are truly little people now!
So, I'm sure I have tons of cute pictures from recent months that I should post, but for now I'm just going to share some from our first big family vacation (a plane trip, no less!) to San Diego. We visited Jeff's brother Greg and his family and had a wonderful time. It took us no less than a week to recover though! We were ALL pooped. Enjoy the pics!
Here were are...2 adults, three 2-year olds, 3 carseats, a stroller and 2 carryons! Needless to say we attracted a few onlookers at the airport. That's a carseat strapped to Jeff's back. Yes, we were mules!
The kiddos playing in cousin Riley's treehouse!
On the kiddie train at Balboa Park.
This was one of our first exhibits at SeaWorld and they were engrossed by the Beluga whale!
Touching the starfish at the Tide Pool...wow!!!
The Shamu show...need I say more?
On the Elmo ride in the Sesame Street section of Sea World. I think I would call this the kids' first roller coaster ride!
Buried and loving it!!!
Dippin' those toes in the water and throwing rocks!
Awww...a daddy/daughter moment...
It was a long, hard day at the beach for Sean...
4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! I especially love the buried in the sand picture. You make me want to go there!
Thanks Deanna! My kids still speaking longingly and lovingly of "the triplets." You made an indelible impression on us, especially Katrina! She'll be thrilled to see that latest on Sean, Luke, and Charlotte. Love Steph and the Holland clan.
So cute! I love seeing pics of my adorable little cousins. Thanks for posting them Deanna!
Wow girl! Looks like you have been busy :) Everyone looks great :)
Post a Comment