We were off to the pumpkin patch a few weekends ago...this is the first chance I've had to post the photos. The kids had a great time. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much easier outings are now compared to just 6 months ago. They understand our directions a lot better, really participate in what's going on, and are a little less likely to run off in a random direction if they break free! We still have to be hawks when we're out with them though, and it's always clear when things are headed downhill and we need to bail.
Generally we stay very busy and probably the most interesting development skill-wise is how much they're all talking and understanding. Everyone can speak in 3-4 word sentences, even more sometimes. It's not always completely understandable, but they're trying! And listening to it day in and day out I'm able to discern most of it. I really need to work at getting some of their conversations on video, 'cause it can be absolutely hilarious at times. Charlotte, the little mother, often mirrors what I say (which can be both gratifying and humbling!). One day I was turning on Elmo's World for the kids, and you must fast forward through to the end of Sesame Street for that segment. Luke was very impatient, shouting, "Elmo! Elmo!" when I see Charlotte put her hand on his back and say, "It's coming baby, 'kay?" She also says, "bless you" to my sneezes and said, "It's beautiful mommy!" when admiring one of my necklaces recently. Oh she can melt my heart!
Sean is the quiet observer. He is talking, but spends more time listening and observing. Out of nowhere he will shock us with his knowledge. We've been working on learning colors, and a few weeks ago he just started spouting off all the colors. And I mean all of them. Consistently. The kid knows all the primary colors, plus black, brown, white...and probably more. We have learned not to underestimate him. He also has the worst temper, and will break into a tantrum when you least expect it.
Lukey, oh my little Lukey. He is sweetness and light personified. He has the most even-tempered disposition of the three (at least for now, this could always change!), and couldn't be more of a joy these days. He can be a challenge simply because he's so physical, curious and persistent (you must keep an eye on him at all times!!!). He just wants to spend his entire day playing and discovering. While he likes some of the TV shows we put on (Elmo, Teletubbies, etc) he's usually bored after a few minutes and back to playing with his cars and balls, or attempting a dangerous climb onto the bookshelves. He's also known for his "pat pat pat"...meaning he does the cutest little pat-pat on your back when you pick him up. How adorable is that???
Here are some photos from the pumpkin patch...and hopefully I'll post again soon!
1 comment:
Such fun pictures and great descriptions of your kids! I love to watch my own girls develop but it's also a joy to read what other little "babies" say - I guess they aren't babies anymore are they??
Happy Fall!! Gotta love the pumpkin patch...
Post a Comment