Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I guess I should be proud

Okay, I know I haven't blogged in FOREVER, but since the blog also serves sort of as a baby book to capture big events, I decided the last few days' events called for a new entry. It's been a wild couple of days. Jeff's on the road Sunday through Thursday...that's enough right there to cause some craziness. But in addition, the three amigos have figured out how to open a baby gate, pull up the heat registers from the floor and pull a bowl of peas off the kitchen table and toss them about...and then there's the crib jumping. Yes, you read that right, crib jumping.

This morning I walked into the nursery to find my 16 month old, 18 pound, 29 inch tall daughter not in her own crib, but in Luke's! They're abutted against each other in order to fit in the room. I was so stunned I just stood there for a moment with my mouth open. After mimicking my open-mouthed look, she just looked at me, put her hands up and shrugged and said, "no?" I seriously could not contain a laugh. I really was thinking it was probably a fluke, a combination effort between her and Luke. Tonight she gave me a repeat performance at bedtime, showing me her gymnastic ability to lift that tiny leg up high enough to hook her foot on the top bar and get the lift she needed. For now I separated the two cribs (that seemed to surprise her) and they went to sleep in their own places. I have pillows around her crib should she decide repeat again in the a.m., and have gotten out the crib tents I'm now glad I bought so early!!! For those of you not familiar, crib tents are essentially a mesh dome that covers the crib, therefore preventing all unplanned exits from said crib. I'm expecting that their installation will cause a bit of a shock, but hopefully only temporary.

There's really so much more going on, but since my evening has now been accounted for in reading crib tent instructions obviously not written by someone whose first language is English, I need to get going. I've attached a recent photo of each of the kiddos...getting all three in one shot these days is a practical impossibility. Enjoy!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Oh My Goodness!! I can't believe she's jumping out already! Soooo glad mine haven't started that yet...

Laura said...

I have a blog game for you to play if you want -- read mine and consider yourself tagged. :-D