2007! The babies first new year. They were conceived, created and born all in one year, so they've only known 2006 until now. What a concept. Well we are still recovering from a very busy but wonderful holiday season. After all the hub bub quieted down, we had some very rough days and nights. Following about 12 days of sleeping through the night (or more accurately, not eating through the night...one or two usually need some attention), we backslid a bit. For two very long nights, they all decided they needed to be up at partying at 1:00am, 2:00am, 3:00 - you get the picture. I think it was most frustrating because I had it in my mind that once they slept through...they should always sleep through! Now that I've re-set my expectations and realized that progress is not always straight forward, I think I'm less discouraged by the 2 steps forward, one step back, then another couple of steps forward nature of having little babies. In order to get my perspective back, I decided to have some fun and remember what I love about these little ones!
Sean "got it goin' on" Burke
While just one and two minutes older than his triplet siblings, he's definitely the first born and commands control of most situations. We often joke that Sean wants to be an only child, but forgets he's part of a set! He loves, and I mean loves, one-on-one attention. He studies faces intently, and since discovering he has control of his hands, will inspect them closely for several hours a day. Sean is long, lean and strong! He knows what he wants and announces it loudly! Sean also retains the nickname "Taco Sean" due to his ongoing need to be swaddled for every single nap and bedtime. If he so desired, he can break out of nearly any swaddle. We even purchased a velcro swaddler, and he can even get loose of that! One time I walked in and not only had he broken out of the swaddle, but had managed to wriggle his arm out of his sleeper as well - bare arm wavely madly about. That kid is determined. We anticpated he will be the daring one of the bunch.
Luke "lukey monkey" Burke
Our little Luke is the sweet one - and has the warmest smile of the three. His eyes absolutely light up. While previously quite complacent, he has decided to assert himself and has actually become nearly as loud as his brother at times. But if you give him what he wants, you are immediately rewarded with that great smile. Luke is also our talker, carrying on brief conversations with himself while playing. Luke is sleeping through the night (with the occasional call for his pacifier) about 2/3 of the time. However, napping is not his forte. He and mom are battling it out for who will win the nap battle - so far he is victorious more than I'd like to admit.
Charlotte "baby girl" Burke
Immediately upon arrival home, somehow Charlotte became "baby girl." We had planned on her nickname being Charlie, and perhaps still will be at some point, but it just hasn't stuck yet. She is by far the most social of the three. The first to smile - and now the first to giggle (she is SO close to a full on belly laugh!!!), Daddy is happy to oblige with funny faces, sounds and dances. I'm sure he will not be demonstrating for any of you. For a very long time she was the smallest baby, but best eater - we called her "the professional," but has since discovered the command of her tongue and now finds it entertaining to push the bottle nipple out repeatedly during feedings. Mom loves this. Charlotte was also the first to sleep through the night, and continues to bless us with this talent about 90% of the time.
1 comment:
I just love those babies! What adorable pictures. I'm so happy to be a part of their little lives!
~Kelly DeYoung
Post a Comment