
The big day of the baptism has come and gone. It was a hectic, beautiful, chaotic, wonderful day! We managed to get through it (and actually enjoy several moments of it!) without any major ordeals. The babies looked beautiful in their little white outfits, and were absolute angels (how appropriate!) at the ceremony. No one screamed or even really fussed. It was totally uneventful, though. Despite the best laid plans, right at 2:00 as the Deacon began the service, I looked down at Sean, who had a funny look on his face. Worried he was about to cry, I leaned down to put the pacifier in his mouth and...oh no! He had just filled his pants! And I mean, whoa! It stunk to high heaven. Jeff, the godparents and I had to pass him around the entire service because no one could tolerate the smell for very long. I'm giggling even as I write this. We'll never let him forget it!
We had a nice gathering back at the house afterward, with the family that was there, the godparents, and a few friends stopped by as well. All five of us spent Sunday recovering from the busy weekend. We hung out in the basement all day long, ate leftovers (or formula) and napped. The babies barely fussed or even played, I think they were totally exhausted from the previous day. I've included some pictures - enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment