We're in the final hours, literally, of this amazing journey. I'm writing this on Wednesday morning, and we are scheduled for the c-section Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m. We will be just 2 days shy of 36 weeks, which is well beyond the average 32-34 weeks that a triplet pregnancy goes. I can't believe it. I don't feel like I did anything remarkable...there are many women who do all the same things I did but still deliver early. I attribute this almost solely to the prayers of our friends and loved ones, and the good fortune that my body somehow tolerated this pregnancy for this long.
They did measurements of the babies again Monday, but since it had been only one week since the last measurements, the estimations aren't quite as accurate. Having said that, what they came up with is 6 lbs, 3 oz for Baby A, 5 lbs 10 oz for Baby B and 5 lbs 8 oz for Baby C...for a grand total of 17 lbs 5 oz of baby in there! Whoa. If I'm ever pregnant again with just one baby, that will seem like a breeze, I'm sure.
I've attached a picture of me with my neighbor friend who is pregnant with her third child and is 2 weeks further along than I am. She complained at the beginning that she was bigger than me with just one baby and I kept assuring her that would not be the case for long - I think I can say with certainty that that is the case! :-) I'm going to post one last "prego" picture later today to record the final girth just for fun.
Well, this adventure is really just beginning, but we appreciate all of you who have followed along this phase with such interest and encouragement! We can't promise to be this detailed in keeping you posted in such detail in the coming months, but will try to do our best. Much love to all of you!!!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
The final countdown!
We're in the final hours, literally, of this amazing journey. I'm writing this on Wednesday morning, and we are scheduled for the c-section Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m. We will be just 2 days shy of 36 weeks, which is well beyond the average 32-34 weeks that a triplet pregnancy goes. I can't believe it. I don't feel like I did anything remarkable...there are many women who do all the same things I did but still deliver early. I attribute this almost solely to the prayers of our friends and loved ones, and the good fortune that my body somehow tolerated this pregnancy for this long.
They did measurements of the babies again Monday, but since it had been only one week since the last measurements, the estimations aren't quite as accurate. Having said that, what they came up with is 6 lbs, 3 oz for Baby A, 5 lbs 10 oz for Baby B and 5 lbs 8 oz for Baby C...for a grand total of 17 lbs 5 oz of baby in there! Whoa. If I'm ever pregnant again with just one baby, that will seem like a breeze, I'm sure.
I've attached a picture of me with my neighbor friend who is pregnant with her third child and is 2 weeks further along than I am. She complained at the beginning that she was bigger than me with just one baby and I kept assuring her that would not be the case for long - I think I can say with certainty that that is the case! :-) I'm going to post one last "prego" picture later today to record the final girth just for fun.
Well, this adventure is really just beginning, but we appreciate all of you who have followed along this phase with such interest and encouragement! We can't promise to be this detailed in keeping you posted in such detail in the coming months, but will try to do our best. Much love to all of you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment