Monday, April 30, 2007

WAY overdue for an update!

Okay, so I am way overdue for a good update. As you can imagine, with each passing week I seem to have less and less free time. I wonder why? Nevertheless, I find myself smiling more than stressing, so things must be good. So the very latest:Sean is scooting (see video in the entry below) and getting better at it every day. He's starting to rock back on his knees, so I'm guessing that crawling is only a few weeks off. Yikes! Need to get those baby gates up...soon. He is clearly the determined one of the bunch, and if he sets his sights on something he will squirm, wiggle, roll and scoot to get it. He's a big smiler, but still makes you really work to get a giggle...I love it when I finally get it!Lukey is rolling ALL OVER the place, and learning how to steal toys from his brother and sister. Charlotte hates it when he comes and steals the book that she's chewing on. She cries hard at that one! The best news is that the physical therapist has seen enough improvement in Luke's torticollis that we've gone to just 2 sessions a month instead of every week. He's also our very expressive talker. He locks eyes with you and has a full on conversation. I love to talk back to him and keep him going. And best of all, Luke has learned to nap. For weeks he would go the entire day on three 30-minute naps, and that's it. He now has one pretty good nap a day, an hour or more. He's so much happier, and so are mommy and daddy!Charlotte is sitting up nicely. I keep a boppy pillow behind her so that she doesn't crash too hard if she topples, but she's really pretty stable, and would much rather be upright than horizontal. I'm going to have to figure out how to get her into a sitting position on her own so that I don't have to do it for her! She also LOVES the jumper that hangs from the door frame. She could bounce in there for hours, and actually gets airborne. It's pretty funny. Charlotte has also begun babbling, in a very curious language to no one in particular.As the weather gets better, we aim to get out every day. Most days it's just a walk around the neighborhood, but I will venture out to the mall or Target with them sometimes too. I have to prepare myself for all the attention and know that my errand will take at least 3 times longer than if I were by myself - not just because of loading and unloading the kids but because I get stopped every 20 feet or so. If I'm really not in the mood I just don't make eye contact or acknowledge the comments, but most times I try to be accommodating because I know people are just interested.One of my favorite things of all right now is watching them sleep. I know all you parents out there have done it! In the last month or so they have all started to curl up on their side or even belly sleep, and it's about as cute and sweet as anything I can think of. They're getting to be such little people instead of those tiny newborns we brought home! Since about 4 1/2 months of age they have really been very good sleepers, with of course the occasional off night, and for this I will always be grateful. The first couple months we had them home are a total haze, and I'm glad I have pictures and blog entries to remember them, because my memory won't serve me well for that time.Hopefully there will be more to report soon! I'll really try to update the blog with short little entries as we hit milestones. Take care!

No comments: