Monday, March 20, 2006

Welcome to the Burke Triplets Blog!

This will be our first post to the brand new "Burke Triplets" blog. I figured it would be the easiest way to share news with friends and family, and also serve as a journal of sorts throughout the pregnancy and early months/years that the babies will be able to visit. As of today I am officially 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant with triplets. It's still hard to believe sometimes, even though we've had 3 good ultrasounds that show really great progress. The first trimester was challenging, although I feel lucky that I wasn't as sick as most moms of multiples are. I had many days of mild to moderate nausea and was exhausted much of the time, but only got truly sick a few times. Poor Jeff has gotten the worst of it, with my constant sleeping and laying around, total disinterest in the types of food we used to enjoy, and a downright dirty house! All the things I used to do regularly - errands, cleaning, cooking, finances - have taken a backseat to being ultra conservative so that these little tykes have the very best chance possible. I'm hoping it will pay off. I'll be updating this as often as possible, or whenever the mood strikes. I hope it's mildly interesting to some. I'll also plan to post pictures - ultrasounds and "belly" pictures - as well. Here is the first - which is a few of the ultrasound pictures from our appointment about a week ago.

No comments: